Sunday, July 25, 2010

Jane Austen's Fight Club



Yes!

I loved Fight Club, but I have to admit that one thing I kinda disliked about it was the role it relegated women to: objects to fight over or fuck.

I love Jane Austen, in a love-to-hate kind of way.

The idea of a mashup of the two... PRICELESS! Yes! Simpering females left to either marry or die, rascal males... pish tosh, I say old boy. Girls going at it, living fiercely, with lust and vivre de joi? Right up my alley. I think this is the same thing I love about Roller Derby girls. There's something so attractive in the idea of a physically unafraid female, a woman able and eager to get dirty and fight, to live really out loud!

Pilates? Yoga? pah. Derby. Fight Club.

Rawr!

2 comments:

  1. Well, women had been so marginalized and trivialized for centuries, that I can see how something like this could develop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was awesome.

    And Google led me to this. :D

    ReplyDelete