Thursday, July 22, 2010

Leftover Makeover Day!

Today is leftover makeover day!

You take all the leftovers in the fridge and combine them in new and interesting ways to make something fresh, new and wonderful. Today I'm thinking of using my wok in combination with my favorite kitchen gadget: the food processor. Whir, whir, buzz and food is rendered tiny or bitesized! No endless chopping and I love the sheer POWER of it!

I freely admit it, I'm a big kitchen geek. I find a great deal of bliss and joy in the kitchen. One of the things I enjoy is the process of making food. Raw ingredients (or leftovers) are transformed into delicious things for people to eat. And I did it! Any exercise of skill makes my monkey brain happy; an exercise of skill that also makes other people feel good? Priceless.

I found a place to order kitchen gadgets and doo dads online. With a qualifying order you get free shipping, which, frankly, always rocks. (I almost never remember to budget for shipping costs.) KitchenU.com is your source for professional kitchen tools for your home; high-end brands: All-Clad, Le Creuset, Shun, KitchenAid, Saeco, Breville, Rosle, Gaggia, Cuisinart and many more

In honor of leftover makeover day, tell me in comments what you like to do with your leftovers!

5 comments:

  1. I did leftovers in ranch or sour cream. If they cannot be eaten with ranch or sour cream I feed them to the chickens. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This where real creativity comes into cooking. I love leftovers! For example, I will bake a pork tenderloin on Sunday and make at least three meals out of it during the week. For example:
    Shredded Pork Sloppy Joes or Soft Tacos
    Pork Stir Fry with Carrots, Green Beans, Bamboo Shoots, Mandarin Oranges (whatever I have in my pantry or fridge) I always have soy or teriyaki sauce around or, even better, a ginger sauce.
    Pork Stew with Rice Onions, Black Beans, Red Bell Peppers (again, whatever I have in pantry or fridge) I throw in a little molasses for taste.

    --Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freeze them for emergency "starving rushed grad student" meals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use them for lunches. At least, we do when we remember to do so....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The leftovers were starting to take over the fridge. I have a bad habit of cooking, even when there's perfectly edible stuff in the fridge waiting to be nomm'd upon.

    My solution was very workable. I reduced the number of leftover containers from ten to two. :)

    ReplyDelete